Senior Database Developer
Read more about this role below.
Noah Media Group are embarking on the difficult technical and data challenge of developing an Evaluation Engine that will allow the Noah production team to define which TV shows and feature films they should be making, in order to reach the biggest global audiences possible whilst at the same time ensuring significant profitable returns.
The Evaluation Engine will help to pre-define the optimal distribution path (per territory and per channels - theatrical, SVOD, PVOD, TVOD, broadcast, D2C etc), on a case by case basis.
We are looking to change how the entertainment and media industry utilises data to remove the inefficiencies of global, content distribution.
This Senior Database Developer role will be the first role in a team that we will be recruiting to solve this complex, multi-$bn challenge!
The role will include:
- Process large amounts of film and TV meta data from multiple sources to extract relevant customer and market insights.
- Perform statistical analyses and research new ways of viewing data for actionable insights.
- Partner closely with the creative, financial and film production teams to ensure all areas that could affect the final film distribution plan have been analysed to identify trends, opportunities and problems
- Design agile and rigorous experiments to measure effectiveness of models, tools and programs.
- You will thrive in the world where data, analytical methods and business overlap. When you are not building dashboards or reports, you are looking for trends, sharing actionable insights and taking steps to champion and drive up data quality.
- Knowledge of data retrieving and processing techniques using the latest and most appropriate tools for the job.
- You will be producing and presenting analysis around (but not limited to) online marketing channels, customer behaviour and life cycle, product performance and conversions, promotion impact and causes
- You will work with analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Tableau, Looker and others as necessary
Some of our expectations for the role include:
- A degree in Mathematics, Economics, Business, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, Financial Planning / Analysis or similar background.
- Demonstrable track record delivering high quality analysis by distilling large and varied data sources to produce actionable business insight
- Using data analytical tools
- Ability to proactively manage and prioritise workload in a deadline driven environment with multiple internal customers
- Owning projects and driving for successful business outcomes based on agreed metrics/KPIs
- You can communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical colleagues. You accurately judge the level of detail required in different situations.
- You have worked 2+ years in a data analytics role
- You enjoy working in a dynamic environment with teammates from a variety of disciplines.
- You can manage multiple stakeholders and priorities
- You are happy to work independently and in a self-guided manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of online marketing and e-commerce, with a good understanding and exposure to the different marketing channels and how they affect each other
- Working understanding of Web analysis tools such as Google Analytics
- Technical knowledge and understanding of tracking systems and websites
- Understanding and interest of the film/tv/media industry