Noah Media Group is a young, fast-growing, London-based production & distribution company with a global reputation for delivering the highest quality content, predominantly in sport. We produce documentary films, TV series, live sports programmes, title sequences, on-screen design and branded content. Our clients include FIFA, UEFA, the Premier League, BBC and ITV. Our recent work includes the documentary film release Bobby Robson: More Than A Manager, which is now on Netflix, and the pioneering ITV series Out of their Skin, as well as the global TV brand and on-screen design for the FIFA World Cup 2018 in Russia.
We are excited to be seeking a full time Head of Development to join our Senior Management Team, reporting directly to Noah’s CEO. We have decades of experience in delivering high-end, critically acclaimed sports-based documentaries and are looking to expand our Television production arm with returnable, multi-series factual formats. These will include observational and archive-based documentaries, features, specialist-factual and factual-entertainment shows and series based around sport. This is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate with the vision to create and build a Development department at the heart of Noah’s operations and help form our long term growth strategy.
The Head of Development will be responsible for overseeing our development slate and helping us to turn great ideas into reality through regular commissions with broadcasters and OTT platforms. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of the commissioning process, close relationships with current commissioners at a variety of broadcasters and global platforms, with a proven track record of transforming ideas into live productions. Working alongside some of the most talented Directors, Producers and Executive Producers in the sector, the Head of Development role will be supported by a Development team with an allocated annual budget.
The requirements of the role will include:
- Experienced and detailed knowledge of the television commissioning process
- Nurturing existing relationships with commissioners at broadcasters and platforms
- Creating new relationships with commissioners at broadcasters and platforms
- Delivering successful commissions
- Securing talent and access for developed proposals
- Managing the Development team
- Overseeing and prioritising the Development slate
- Retaining a thorough knowledge of the television landscape and the current needs of the broadcasters and platforms
- Developing programme and series ideas to suit the needs of broadcasters and platforms
- Overseeing the creation of treatments, teasers and pitch materials for programme proposals
- Pitching ideas to broadcasters and platform commissioners
- Leading brainstorms and driving company-wide idea generation
- Recruiting Development staff and growing the department
- Contributing to Senior Management Team meetings and overall company growth strategy
- Working with Noah’s Executive Team to identify new commercial opportunities
- Managing the Development budget
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in sport and a strong knowledge of the TV sports sector and the TV commissioning landscape. They will be creative, embrace collaboration, be a confident pitcher and have excellent communication skills.
Applications to include a full CV and cover letter to be sent to – email@example.com
You must be eligible to work in the UK. This role is based in our London office.